The Byron Clan

The Byron Clan

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Grandma B Comes to Town

The hardest part about having a second baby (for me) was knowing what to do with my first baby while we were in the hospital. I wanted her to be with people she knew and loved and could try and stick to her routine. I didn't want her to be shuffled around from place to place. So, Chad's mom was kind enough to come out and spend some time with us during the time I was supposed to be having a baby. We thought I would go into labor early, so she came the week before Reid actually arrived, but she was so helpful with Addi during that last week I was pregnant and not wanting to move. =) Addi had so much fun with Grandma B! Thankfully Reid decided to show up while she was still here. It was such a relief for me knowing that she was the one taking care of Addi while we were in the hospital. We were all so glad she was here!

Thanks for coming, Grandma B!       
 *Side, funny story - We thought it would be fun to take Grandma to the Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo the night she came in from Utah. It was not a good idea. Apparently we decided to go on the busiest night of the year, and it took us 2.5 hours from the zoo exit to get to the zoo. (It usually takes us about 10 minutes). I'm sure we were quite a sight. I was 9 months pregnant, very uncomfortable, having contractions every 10 minutes from sitting for so long. My poor kid was so bored sitting in the back seat. We really tried to make the best of it, but we were a little ornery by the time we got there. Anyway, that's why the above picture makes me laugh. This was when we got to the zoo, and it was way passed Addi's bedtime. She was exhausted, as we all were. But this picture makes it look like we just had the time of our lives! =) 

No comments: