Sunday, December 7, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Here's what we've been up to: (By the way, this post somehow turned into a novel, and a pretty boring one at that. My apologies. Feel free to skip to the pictures, which I know is the only reason you people read blogs.)
- We spent 5 days in Michigan for Thanksgiving with my sister, her husband, and their four cute kids. It was delightful. We ate to our heart's content, played the Wii with the children, solved world problems (kidding, of course), and worked on homework.
- We ate our very first brined turkey. It was delish. I will never be able to cook a regular turkey again.
- I spent most of the week sick. Go figure.
- After we came home, we resumed our busy schedules.
- I wrote 5 papers, a total of 50 pages, between Saturday night and Wednesday night. I am a machine, folks.
- Chad spent practically the entire week on campus. (Blasted Quant II and Finance)
- I made chocolate chip cookies on Sunday night. (Mom, everytime I make these cookies people go crazy over them. It's hilarious. I mean, who'd have thought that people would go crazy over something that I bake.)
- I finished my first semester of grad school. (That probably should have been first...It's pretty exciting.)
- Chad continues to work his tail off at school. 2 more weeks!!
Here are my plans for the next few weeks while Chad will be studying like a fiend.
- We just purchased a new SLR camera for Christmas. With the help of our friend, we found an incredible deal and couldn't pass it up. For those of you who do camera stuff, it's the Canon Rebel XTi. It's big. There's lots of buttons. And I feel like a pro when I'm snapping pictures, when it's on the "Auto" mode, of course. =) I'm going to try and teach myself how to use this thing...obviously not within the next two weeks, but maybe within the next two years. Any tips would be helpful!
- I am going to read, read, read. I really miss reading for fun while I'm in school. I usually have to read something for fun a few minutes a day or else I go crazy, but while I'm in school I don't get this opportunity very often. So, I will be finishing the Chronicles of Narnia. I'm almost finished with the first book, The Magicians Nephew, and will be moving on to The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe tomorrow.
- I am going to decorate for Christmas. We're not getting a tree this year because we are leaving the 19th of December to go to Florida for a week, so really there's not much of a point. So, in order to make our place feel like Christmas I am going to bring out the decor and maybe string some lights in our place.
- Practice the piano. I'm playing for our church choir and it just so happens that the two songs the choir director picked are for virtuoso pianists (Ok, maybe they're not that hard, but for an out-of-practice pianist, pieces with 3 and 4 flats and 4 sharps are just not easy). Of which, I am not.
- That's all. Seriously. For two weeks this is all I want to do, and I think I've earned it.
Here are the pics. Sorry there are none of Chad and I. I'll work on that. (These are pre-new camera)
The Porcaro kids at the talent show with my brother-in-law's family.
Zach-a-roo bein' cute.
I left the room for like 5 minutes to go to the bathroom. Before I left, the children were playing ping-pong while the adults were watching (Jim, Jen, and Chad). When I came back from the bathroom, the kids were gone and the adults were having a who-can-bounce-the-ball-on-the-paddle-the-longest contest. Awesome. Oh, and Jen totally won, by the way. Look at that form!
The cute turkey name cards that the kids made for our place settings.
The beautiful table!
Happy late Thanksgiving everyone!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
She is excited to have her 5 end of semester papers done, and finally be able to catch up on life out of school. She plans on learning how to use our new camera! She is most excited to learn how to take pictures that are focused on one particular thing and have the rest blurred.
As for me, I am just hoping to get through Quant II (Statistics II), Financial Management and other classes! I finished my Business Speaking class yesterday with my final business proposal project so it is nice to have that done! I have class through next week and then Finals the week after that! So if I survive Quant we will all know that miracles do happen!
Good luck to the rest of you who have final projects and Finals!