The Byron Clan

The Byron Clan

Thursday, January 27, 2011

2 Months




2/8/11

Dear Bug,

You need to stop getting so big already! I think about how much you've grown in the last two months and it makes me excited, but sad at the same time. I just want you to stay little forever! At your one month appointment you were 10 lbs 9 ounces (90th percentile), 22 inches (90th percentile), and 50th percentile for head circumference. You are a healthy baby!

In the last month:

You finally lost your umbilical cord. Holy cow that thing was stubborn. But that meant you finally got a real bath, and let me just say that you absolutely love bathtime. You scream bloody murder when we have to take you out of the tub.

You have refused to sleep anywhere but someone's arms during the day. I will lay you down, thinking you're going to have a good nap in your crib or bassinet and before I can walk away your eyes pop wide open. This means Mama gets absolutely nothing done because I spend my day holding you. I have discovered recently that a sling and the baby carrier might be my new best friends because they'll at least allow me to cook dinner.

You completely freaked out your parents by rolling over from your belly to your back on your one month birthday. We thought it must have been a fluke, but alas two weeks later you did it again...and you haven't really stopped since then. We'll put you on your tummy for tummy time and you just lean until you're on your back again. You're such a big girl.

You continued to light up our lives with your adorable smile. We love your toothless, big cheeked grin more than anything.

You have developed quite the yell. If you've been left alone for too long, or you're mad that we're taking you out of the bath, or you don't want your pants changed, you yell at us. It makes me laugh. You don't really cry, you yell!

You have dropped one feeding in the night. This has been wonderful, because you will now sleep a 5-6 hour stretch during the night. The rest of the day, you are consistently eating every 3-3.5 hours. You are such a good eater.

You refuse to let Mama feed you a bottle. You look at me like, "Hey lady, this is not the way this is supposed to work," and yell. So, when you need a bottle, Dada has to feed it to you. I love that you are so opinionated already, but really?

You showed us how much you love kids. You had so much fun staring and smiling at the little boy in our Sunday School class. You also light up when you see your Michigan cousins. It is fun to watch you with them.

We have realized that you really do have the longest torso and the shortest legs. You get that from your Mama. We might have to stop buying outfits and start buying separates because your tops are all too small and you're swimming in the bottoms. Sorry about that, kiddo.

You have developed quite a love for your kitties, well one kitty in particular. You love to watch Mokie. You will grin at her and talk to her all day. Oliver, on the other hand, doesn't get much of your attention. Funny that you have a preference.

You started "talking." Your deep little voice is the most beautiful sound to us. You pretend to have conversations with us. We'll say something and then you'll respond. We love talking with you!

You are our everything, little Bug! It is incredible to us how much love we have developed for such a little thing, in such a short time. We couldn't imagine our lives without you in it!

Love,

Mom and Dad


Bathtime at Aunt Jenni's, in the sink. You thought this was pretty fun!





Big, toothless grin

Little piggies (You have your Dada's feet)

No more umbilical cord!


Your yellin' face
(You did not want Mama to take pictures of you in your Sunday best)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! She is so beautiful. I can't wait to meet her someday.

My kids have to buy separates too but for the opposite reason. They have long legs and no torso. I swear the baby clothes never work for anyone!

Jessica and Reece said...

Good gravy that girl is gorgeous!

Colle said...

She is so cute!! I love how you write the letter to her each month.

Carolyn said...

She is so cute! I love all these pictures. And your letter to her is priceless. :)

www.OgazFamily.blogspot.com said...

So, so, so cute! She is getting so big I can't believe it!!!

Julie said...

Grandma B loves getting your "month in a minute" from your Mama! You are growing so big and learning so fast! You're beautiful! Love you little one!

Shaunzi said...

Oh my hannah. She is so adorable. I miss that little girl. All my nieces for that matter. Give her kisses for me!

Lindsay said...

What a dolly. I like her toes. :) May she take naps for you.