The Byron Clan

The Byron Clan

Monday, January 3, 2011

1 Month




1/8/2010

Dear Bug,

I can't even tell you how much joy and love you have brought into our lives. I can't imagine what our world would be like without you in it. Even though we are sleep deprived and not sure when the next time is we'll get to sleep for more than 4 hours at a time, we wouldn't change it for anything. This last month has been a whirlwind of emotions. Having you on the 8th of December was the perfect time because we could enjoy you through the holidays. Christmas was so special for us this year and you were the perfect Christmas gift.

You are such a good baby. You have your fussy periods, but don't all of us? I love how you need to be cuddled close in order to fall asleep, but that you also love to sprawl out in your bassinet or on the floor.

You smiled at about 2 weeks old. I think your first real one was at Grandma J. I know the pediatrician said babies don't smile at 2 weeks, but I'm your mom, and I know a real Bug smile when I see one. You have continued to smile more and more. It makes me so happy when you look at me and give me a huge grin--it makes all of the sleep deprivation worth it.

You are a rockstar eater. Thank you! At your 1 week appointment you had gained weight right back up to your birth weight. At your two week appointment the doctor said you were in the 90th percentile for height (21 1/4 inches), 75th for weight (8 lbs 12 oz), and the 50-75th percentile for head circumference. Your chubby cheeks are quite possibly our favorite feature.

You get hot really easily. I was so worried about having a baby in the dead of winter. I thought how would I ever keep you warm enough??? You, however, have lived up to your nickname you received in the womb of mommy's little heater. There are times where you are fussy and all we have to do is get your little feet out of your blanket or take your blanket off and you are one happy camper.

You give us a 2 second warning when you are hungry, but it takes you about 45 minutes to wake up. During that time you are stretching and grunting and groaning, and then you'll fall back asleep. All of a sudden your eyes will open and you'll start crying like you are famished. It cracks us up every time.

Basically you light up our lives. Never before did we imagine we could feel such love in such a short period of time. You make us so happy.

Whoops!



You are beautiful, little Bug! We are so blessed to have you as a part of our little family!

Love,
Mom and Dad

8 comments:

Jessica and Reece said...

She is such a little doll! She looks like such a perfect mix of both of you. Congrats mommy and daddy!

Kendra said...

Yay! Too cute!

Colle said...

How cute! She does have cute chubby cheeks. So much easier to kiss when they have chubby cheeks. I am jealouse Kinslee hasn't given me the real smiles yet just the gas bubble ones.

Kaylyn said...

She is ridiculously beautiful! Her cheeks are fabulous!

Carolyn said...

She is so adorable! And even though she is so young, I can definitely see both you and Chad in her little face. She is as cute as can be. I'm glad you guys are so happy with her! :)

Katie Lewis said...

Oh man. Could I be more behind on the events of your life? I think not. Congratulations! She is so beautiful! Missing you tons!

Lindsay said...

I don't know how I missed this post. Bekah-she is absolutely adorable!! The pictures are too cute.

Julie said...

Hey little Addi, LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures of the pink TEDDY BEAR with our adorable little TEDDY BEAR!!!