The Byron Clan

The Byron Clan

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

30 Weeks


The third trimester is shaping up quite nicely. For the most part, I still feel great. Sure I may or may not be a little emotional. I also battle horrendous heartburn, which is definitely not fun. In addition, this baby is low--like really, really low, which makes it difficult for me to bend. Other than those minor things, I quite enjoy being pregnant. I'm sure that opinion will change in a few weeks as I start to get larger, but I'm just enjoying where I'm at right now.
There are 10 weeks to go. Well, probably more than that...considering this is my first pregnancy and my doctor told me to plan on 5 days after my due date. We are both scared and excited, nervous and anxious. We lay in bed at night anticipating this change that will occur in a matter of weeks, wondering whether or not we're going to be good at this whole parenting thing. I often ask Chad, "What if she hates me?" or "What if she likes you more?" (I'm not worried about my child loving Chad more, I'm sure she'll be a daddy's girl. I think what I worry about is lacking the mother's touch, not being able to be someone who can soothe/calm her.) These may seem like irrational fears, but I'm pregnant...irrationality is a part of the game.
What I do know is that I have never loved anything in this kind of a way before. I love the way she comes alive at night while we're watching our shows. I love the way she "plays" by kicking back when I touch her. I love the way she gets hiccups--sometimes 3 times a day. I love the way she calms right down when Chad puts his hand on my belly. I haven't even met her, but I love her.
Everything else is going well with us. Chad is loving his job. We are settling in to our house. We love our ward. Life is good!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am so excited for you. The best part of motherhood is learning on the job. :) You're going to be an awesome mother. You look fantastic. Yay-excitement vibes your way!

La said...

Oh you look so cute. I wish I would have been able to come to your baby shower. Scarlet's birthday party was at the same time. :( And I thought I should be there.

Carolyn said...

You look wonderful, Bekah! You are such a cute pregnant lady. I'm glad you're feeling well and that life is good.

Anonymous said...

You're already such a sweet mother. Just wait til she's born you'll be surprised by how much love you can feel. Also you look really great!

Colle said...

You are seriously dang cute pregnant! I am with you on the heartburn and the bending over! You are going to be an awesome mom! I am so excited for you!!!

Coralie said...

You look so cute! You're going to be a wonderful mother. Enjoy your last weeks! :)