The Byron Clan

The Byron Clan

Saturday, February 23, 2008

I've been tagged:

Here's to my first tagging experience:

TEN YEARS AGO:
I was living life fully as an experienced 11 year old. I was in 6th grade, living in Decatur, Indiana. I was attending Adams Central Middle School (or "Amish Country Middle School" as we had coined ourselves.) I was excelling in my math class (weird, I know) and doing well in my English class with Mrs. Schwartz. I hated art and gym, and continued to make a fool of myself in both classes. I had just barely moved from Lewisburg, Pennsylvania almost two months ago. I was at an extremely awkward stage of life, but the fact that I had upgraded from my spectacles to contacts just two months prior greatly improved my appearance. I was still somewhat upset with my parents for moving me two states over, but was really enjoying the small branch we went to. The school was kind of a joke, though. We were way behind compared to what we were learning when I moved from Pennsylvania.

5 PLACES I HAVE LIVED!

I can do better than 5:
1. Round Rock, Texas
2. Mt. Airy, Maryland (We lived in Gathersburg before this, but I was so little it doesn't really count)
3. Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
4. Decatur, Indiana (2 places in Decatur, but the move caused a change in school districts between my 6th and 7th grade years)
5. Goodrich, Michigan
6. Provo, Utah
7. Bixby, Oklahoma (Lived with my sister and her family for 4 months)
8. Provo, Utah
9. Orem, Utah
10. Soon to be: West Lafayette, Indiana!!

FIVE THINGS ON MY TO-DO LIST!
1. Finish chapter 14 of the 5th Harry Potter
2. Pick up my house
3. Get ready for dinner
4. Prepare my Primary lesson for tomorrow
5. Get some homework done

I ENJOY!
Relaxing, talking to my husband, dancing, singing, scrapbooking, cooking (sometimes), taking hot baths, playing with my nieces and nephews, and marking things off my to-do list.

TWO BAD HABITS!
1. I am a nail biter and I can't stop. I keep trying to break this awful habit, but I haven't been successful.
2. I am addicted to Diet Coke. It's a disease...Seriously, whenever I have a headache it's the only thing that makes me feel better.

FIVE THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME!
1. I've been to Paris, France.
2. I used to want to be a veterinarian when I was little. I quickly changed my mind when someone informed me that I would have to work with blood and guts.
3. My husband first told me he wanted to date me when we were in a women's restroom at Provo High.
4. To clarify #3, I was a janitor at Provo High and so was Chad. We often did our rounds together so that we could talk.
5. I really want to work with old people when I grow up. They're my favorite.

FIVE JOBS THAT I HAVE HAD!
1. Subway Sandwich Artist (Yes, that was my title. It was printed on the sleeve of my purple work shirt.)
2. Janitor in the Clyde Building on BYU campus. I worked from 4-8 AM. This was the worst job, ever. I averaged about 4 hours of sleep a night for 3 months when I came down with mono and had to quit. It was awful.
3. Nanny for my sister in Oklahoma. Probably the best gig ever. Get paid to play with nieces and nephews? Couldn't beat it! It did get a little crazy when I had to watch the 3 kids for a few days while my sister and her husband went to look for houses in Michigan. It was fun playing mom but it was exhausting. Best birth control ever.
4. Dishwasher at Legends Grille from 8-11:30 PM Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I quit after two weeks.
5. Janitor at Provo High - Where I fell in love with my husband, so I have to say it was good. I have some great stories. If you want to hear them, just ask: cleaning out urine in the garbage cans in the boys bathroom and spit wads from the walls, teacher's complaining of rashes on their bums because of the toilet cleaner, busting a picture frame in a teacher's classroom. Yeah, those were good times.
6. Manager at The Pita Pit
7. Research Assistant and Teacher's Assistant for a BYU professor
8. Writing Fellow
9. Personal Assistant to the residents at Courtyard at Jamestown Assisted Living Facility - My favorite job in the world. I work with the best people...
Wow, that's a lot of jobs.

I hope you enjoy reading this. I sure had fun reminiscing. Just so you know, I have lived so many places that it took me about 15 minutes to even remember where I was when I was 11.

I tag Mindy Hill, Jessica Richardson, and Lindsay Moore.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Blogging is quality. :) And I love it when I get comments, so here's a comment for you! Ready to graduate?

Lindsay said...

We are doing good-just working, working, and more working. Well, I do anyway. Mackay does work and school. :) We would love to play! This week is a bit crazy for us-but it would be good to just chat. What's your week like?

Luke and Ali Stewart said...

Hey there! I am glad that I was able to find your blog. Congrats on getting accepted- that is quite the accomplishment! Next time I see you at Target I will be waving you down.

Holly said...

My goodness, it's so good to see you!! Congrats on the grad school acceptance! You guys look absolutely darling and happy, and I'm just so glad. :)

Bart said...

Go Round Rock, TX!!! We're actually moving closer to downtown this summer, which is sad. But we've LOVED it here. (FYI: I found your blog through Katie's -- Smile Like You Mean It)