The Byron Clan

The Byron Clan

Thursday, August 8, 2013

8 Months - Reid Version

This parenthood gig is seriously hard, but looking at pictures like this one make me want to cry tears of happiness. It's all worth it. You two are ours, and you bring so much joy into our lives. There are days where I want to pull my hair out, but the sweet little moments like this are what gets me through. 

That smile. It kills me. 



(I must really love this shirt on you, sweets. It's the same one you were in last month, too.)

8/6/2013 

Reid,

Fortunately, this last month has been very uneventful in your life. I say fortunately given how crazy the last few months were with sicknesses and ERs and doctors and whatnot. This wasn’t a big month developmentally for you, so pretty much just more of the same. Here’s a little bit of what you were up to at 8 months:

You are sitting up! One day I walked into get you from your nap and you were sitting up, grinning at me. Love it.

You are dying to crawl. It drives you crazy that you can’t. You will get on your knees, rock back and forth, then sprawl out and sit back up. Sometimes you will even go backwards. I’m ok with the lack of mobility, but I know you will be happier when you can get around. 

You put up with so much from your sister. She seems to think she can sit, lay, jump all over you. Most of the time she does this and you just give her a great big grin. It’s really difficult to discipline her for being so crazy to you when you actually like it. =)

Your hair is really starting to fill in. This allows us to do a little faux hawk, which is pretty much the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. 

You've gotten to the stage where you no longer want to be held while sleeping. I knew this day would come, so I really did try to savor every time you refused to sleep anywhere else but my arms when you were a babe. I also knew that I would miss that time. And I do. But I am so glad you like to sleep in your crib.

Your eating habits drive me nuts, dude! You pretty much hate all the baby food that comes in jars and plastic tubs. You will only eat the pouch stuff (super expensive) and Mama’s homemade stuff. Picky, picky, picky! You are actually more inclined to eat something if you can pick it up yourself, so I guess we’re just skipping over the pureed baby food thing, and moving right into the next stage of small bites of food. It’s a good thing you are so stinkin’ cute, buddy! 

We love you so much. I can’t get over your adorable smile and baby blues. 

Love,
Mama and Dada

No comments: