The Byron Clan

The Byron Clan

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What are you doing December 9th?

...Because we're having a baby!* We couldn't be more thrilled about this new upcoming addition to our family.



Most have inquired about how I've been feeling. I feel pretty lucky. While I am nauseous and exhausted most of the time, it is completely manageable and I can still function in the real world. Quite a blessing. It could be much worse. I am, however, looking forward to the day when my appetite comes back and my weight starts going the right direction--up.



At our 12 week appointment yesterday, we got to hear the heartbeat. That was one of the most incredible things either of us has experienced. My emotional little self is tearing up just thinking about it. This whole process is just such a miracle, and to be honest it wasn't really real until yesterday.



I have a zillion other things I need to post about. In May, both Chad and I graduated with our Master's degrees and we took a family vacation with Chad's family. However, I was feeling too excited and couldn't wait any longer in posting our happy news! So, more posts to come.



*I attempted to post a picture of the 4 sticks I peed on, but the airport internet is janky. Yes I did in fact do 4 pregnancy tests. Yes they were all positive. I just wanted to be sure. =)

13 comments:

Colle said...

I took four tests too! Congrats! I am glad you have been feeling all right. Hearing the heartbeat definitly makes it more real.

Carolyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you guys. It is wonderful to hear the heartbeat; like you said, the whole process is miraculous. You and Chad will be great parents...I'm just so happy for you! Again, congratulations!

Zimm said...

You said "janky." Awesome.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Byron Clan! It's awesome to see all the good things going for you guys.

Amy said...

Congratulations! That is fantastic. :)

Lindsay said...

I'll say it again...Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. Brilliant.

Bart said...

Congratulations! I hope your pregnancy is as smooth (relatively speaking) as Janssen's has been. We feel really lucky/blessed!

Natasha said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! You two will be the best parents. That little one is going to have one fun and happy life!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you!!

Kaylyn said...

Congratulations!! Your baby is going to be adorable, it is a guarantee!

Hill Family said...

That is so cool! Even better that the 9th is my birthday. What are the odds? (I'd say about 1 in 365) Hope all goes well.

Scott and Elly said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!!!

Sharp Times said...

Okay...first of all hopefully this is not cheesy...but CONGRATS from someone that just happened upon your blog from Megan Harris' blog who is an old friend of me and Chad. My name is Holli (Holbert) Sharp. Anyway...being parents is so amazing. I understand how you felt hearing the little heartbeat. We have two children and hearing the heartbeat (at any appt) is one of the best feelings in the world. To know things are okay with the little one inside and to actually hear that they are there is incredible. CONGRATS again your road will be a memorable one for sure!