The Byron Clan

The Byron Clan

Friday, November 11, 2011

Boston

Chad had business in Boston in October, so Addi and I decided to tag along. The first few days were spent sans Dada, so we just kind of wandered the city and relaxed at the hotel. The weekend was fun, as we were able to spend a little time together exploring and eating the yummy Boston fare.
Addi and I spent quite a bit of time at the Boston Commons and Public Garden (basically a big park)

We found the Cheers bar and no I did not take my baby into the bar

We enjoyed picnic lunches at the park



We admired the pretty buildings




We went to Harvard, which has a really pretty campus
These gates greeted you at every entrance to campus



This is how Addi felt about Harvard

We walked the Freedom Trail and visited the Old North Church and Paul Revere's home
I ate a lobster and it was delish

The site of the Boston Massacre

Addi was a trooper and caught naps in the stroller when she could. Nothing like being on vacation to really mess up a kid's schedule.

On Saturday (two weekends before Halloween, mind you) we went to Salem.
This was a mistake of epic proportions. We were meeting our friends, the Williamson's (they had moved to Vermont a few months ago), and thought Salem would be a nice place to do that.
We couldn't have been more wrong. Apparently Salem has a huge Halloween-type festival going on every weekend in October until Halloween, you know to celebrate the witches. People come from all over to dress up and hang out in this weird little town. Needless to say, it took both of us hours to get into town and find each other. In the end, I'm so glad we got to see them and we had a good time just eating a very late lunch at a little cafe. (I'm even more grateful they decided not to turn around and go back home) =)

We sure do miss you guys!

Addi and I waiting for the train back to Boston.

It was a fun trip. I wouldn't mind going back without children to do all the things you can't really do with kids there (go on all the tours, eat at the fancy restaurants). It would also be nice to have a kid that can sleep in a foreign bed. My baby, bless her little heart, kept us up most of the night, most nights we were there. It was still enjoyable, and maybe we'll get back there one day!

2 comments:

Julie and Adam said...

You went to Boston and didn't call me?! I live 50 minutes from Boston, I could have come to see you guys! Maybe next time! Glad you had a good time. I love Boston!

Kendra said...

So fun! We need to make it up to Boston sometime.