The Byron Clan

The Byron Clan

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

3 Months





3/8/2011


Addi Bug,


You joined our family three months ago today. It was a day that changed our lives forever. We look back, and although we definitely remember life before you, life truly wasn’t as complete. Thank you for coming to our family, little Bug!


Here’s what you’ve been up to in the last month:


You continue to grow like a weed. At your 2 month appointment you were 12 lbs 9 oz (90th percentile), 22.75 inches (75th percentile), and 75th percentile for head circumference. (We’re pretty sure half of those pounds are in your cheekies.) You shocked the doctor by showing off your strength. She placed you on your belly to check your spine, and you pushed your chest off the ground (like you usually do). You also puckered out your bottom lip and screamed bloody murder. The doctor laughed and said it’s not often that 2 month olds have that reaction with strangers, and gave you the fastest exam I’ve ever seen. You also got your shots that day. It broke Mama’s heart to hear you scream, but you calmed down pretty quickly. It was the rest of the day that was so awful. Your little legs were so sore and after an hour of whimpering and crying (both you and Mama) I finally called the doctor and got the ok to give you some Tylenol. It worked miracles.


You love being naked. In the morning when I get you out of bed, I change your diaper and usually don’t put your jammies back on. This means I feed you when you’re only in your diaper and we have some nakie play time before I put your clothes on. This is my absolute favorite part of the day...and your little naked self is my favorite version of you.


You are such a talker. Your Dada says you only have an outside voice, no inside voice. When you get going, you just jabber away! You really love talking to yourself, in mirrors or when we play clips from the video camera back for you.


You are getting super strong. You can hold your head up much better now, and you really enjoy sitting up un-propped. You love your Bumbo.


You have learned to appreciate the power of a good stretch. You get swaddled all night long, so in the morning, when I take off the Miracle Blanket, you stretch those cute chunker arms until you can’t stretch anymore. Your Dada and I love watching you stretch.


You are lousy at tummy time. You roll over every time! I even tried to get a few pictures of you on your tummy one day, but by the time I could turn the camera on you had already flipped over to your back.


You have the most precious smile. It has something to do with the cheekies that we love so much. I think I kiss those cheekies at least 1,000 times a day.


You started chewing on your hands. If your hands are free, they’re usually in your mouth.


You love to be read to. This is one of my favorite things to do with you during the day. You’ll sit with me and look at book after book. You also love to sing with Mama. You love music and whether or not there is music playing, when Mama is singing, you are too.


You have developed a little rat tail. You’ve rubbed a bald spot on the back of your head, but there’s still plenty of hair at the bottom of your head, where it comes to a point, and looks like a little tail. Cutest rat tail we’ve ever seen.


You continue to be the world’s worst napper. I put you in your crib awake and you do a wonderful job of putting yourself to sleep. But I swear your internal alarm clock sounds at 45 minutes every time, and most times I can’t get you to go back to sleep in your crib. I don’t know what we’re gonna do about that, but I’m just trying to be grateful that you at least do 45 minutes at a time now. It gives Mama a chance to shower and get ready, and do a few chores.


Strangers usually have a lot to say about you. Once while we were out, a cashier was telling us how adorable you were. She said you were just perfect and we should enter you in a cutest baby contest. Then she asked if you were a girl or a boy. Uh....probably should have put a headband on you when we left the house that day. Sorry, kid.


Another month has come and gone, and we just love you so much more than the month before. You fit perfectly in our little family. We are cherishing every moment with you, because it all seems to be going by so fast. We love you little Bug.


Love,

Mom & Dad



















8 comments:

Colle said...

She is so stinkin cute! I love how you write her a letter every month. I want to meet her in person!

Lindsay said...

I wish that we didn't live so far away from you. I would love to see you and meet little Addi. What a sweetheart. Good luck on the naps-Lillie FINALLY broke that habit. And she'll nap for two hours in the afternoon. It only took a year. Elizabeth Pantley's book-the no-cry nap solution offers some ideas for lengthening naps. It took some serious time-but it's worth a shot? I love the letters-I wish I had done that with Lillie.

La said...

I love this baby. I really wish I could drive over to your house and kiss those cheeks@

Marissa said...

She is so adorable! Her cheeks just look made for kissing and pinching! Loved the story about the grocery store lady...gotta love tactful conversations like that! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! I want to hold her and see those cheeks in person! She is soooo stinkin' cute!

www.OgazFamily.blogspot.com said...

She's so dang cute! Wish we could cuddle her!

Hill Family said...

SO CUTE!!! Oh you guys did a great job:) I just want to squeeze her!

Julie said...

Missing our little Addison! Thanks for sharing your smile and cuteness with us through your pictures and comments!! Can't wait to HUG you again!!!