The Byron Clan

The Byron Clan

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lucky

***Warning: This post contains extreme mushiness. Proceed with caution.***

I don't like to write mushy posts on my blog. I'm not the kind of blogger who sees my blog as a journal. A journal to me is a private and personal place to share your innermost thoughts and feelings, and I don't particularly like the whole world to have access to those (sorry, friends). I look at my blog as a way to show friends and family near and far what we're up to, in a lots-of-pictures, few-words kind of way.

With that being said, there are sometimes in life where I want to tell the world how lucky I am. And today is one of those days. The reason for today's general feeling of luckiness? Chad.

I love Chad for many reasons. He's funny, hard-working, easy to talk to, kind, and he just understands me. But I think I sometimes take all of that for granted. That's how I expect him to be, and he fulfills those expectations for me. Then there are days like today. See today was the day where I had to accompany the ward choir in the Christmas program. This means that I basically sat on the stand for 2/3 of the meeting. Right before I had to go up for the first number, Chad leaned over to me and asked who was going to watch the choir director's baby (her husband is also in the choir). I asked her if she needed Chad to watch him, and she looked relieved as she handed the baby over. After the first number, I just sat on the stand. A few minutes into the talk, I peeked to the back row to see how Chad was doing. He was playing a little game with him, and the baby was giggling. It made me smile. Several minutes later, I looked again and the baby was getting fussy and starting to whimper. I watched as the girl sitting next to Chad offered to take the baby from him, but he simply took the baby out to the hall. One choir number later, I looked back again and Chad had reappeared with a sleeping baby in his arms.

This moment may seem insignificant to some. And I can't really explain it--but I just loved Chad so much at that very moment. I've spent the rest of the day pondering how lucky I am to be married to a man like Chad. A man who recognizes when someone needs help with their child, a man who is quick to offer help, and a man who is so naturally good with kids. I look forward to the day when I can watch him with his own children. I know he'll be a wonderful father.

I never forget why I married Chad. But it's days like today that make me so grateful I did.

7 comments:

Justin and Coralie said...

It's always good to have little reminders :) He's a nice guy. You picked a good one!

Anonymous said...

I love days that are filled with so much love. Chad is awesome and you will both be amazing parents!

Carolyn said...

You two are so good together! Chad is a great guy, and you are also amazing! I know you'll both be good parents.

Zimm said...

He really is great. Once we were studying together, and he made me laugh. A little after that, I started to get upset, but he just patted me on the back, and I fell asleep.

Chad and Bekah said...

lol Dylan. Thanks for that. Talk to Chad -- I debated posting this because I knew you guys would make fun of it.

Make fun all you want. I know you're just jealous he's mine.

Zimm said...

;)

Yeah, he's a good one.

Nishida Family said...

Mush, mush, mush. I love it. I love Chad, too. :)