The Byron Clan

The Byron Clan

Saturday, September 19, 2009

NYC '09

Chad's bestie, Jacob, is a deal nerd. Sometimes he shares deals with us that we must take advantage of. So when he told us about an incredible deal through Expedia, we decided to take a quick Labor Day weekend vacay to New York City. It had been years since the last time I'd been, and Chad had never been before. The one thing we learned coming away from this trip was that we were born to be city-dwellers. Maybe some day. Here are the highlights from the trip:

Times Square at night. This place never sleeps.



We saw it and We. Loved. It.

Enjoying our delicious Crumbs cupcake in Central Park



Back stage at Wicked. We know someone who knows someone (the guy in the above picture) who dances in the show so we got treated to a behind-the-scenes tour. Here we are with Elphaba's $15,000 dress.

Dorothy's house

Elphaba's broom








Dinner and dessert at Junior's


The 9/11 Preview Site

St. Paul's Chapel, across the street from Ground Zero. A place of refuge for many.


Where the Twin Towers used to be

The beautiful church


New York Stock Exchange


Wall Street


Trinity Church


Brooklyn Bridge


Lady Liberty


Times Square in the daytime


TKTS - a theater development project that sells Broadway and off-Broadway tickets for 30%-80% off list price


Central Park


and again.


Dinner at Lombardi's which Zagat rated as "best pizza place on the planet"
We concur.


We had to keep ourselves occupied during the 1.5 hour wait (at 9 pm, mind you)



The largest Kitchen Aid mixer I have ever seen

Bekah in Times Square


Radio City Music Hall

We are at the top of the Rockefeller Center Observation Deck (Top of the Rock)
The big green space is Central Park.



Chad and the Empire State Building



A Swarovski crystal chandelier (Just playing around with my sweet lens)

The Rockefeller



Junior's Cheesecake
My mouth is watering just looking at this picture--delectable.



We're already planning our next trip back, considering we didn't even get halfway through everything we wanted to see/do. Thanks Scott and Elly for all the tips!!! Next time you should come with and be our official tour guides. =)

10 comments:

Holly-O said...

looks like a fun get-away!

Anonymous said...

SO COOL! I have never been to NYC, but Jeff has and loved it. I am glad yall had fun!

Anonymous said...

We love NYC too! Jealous you got to go recently.

Codi said...

You have some great pictures! I can't believe how much you guys did in just a few days! How fun!

Scott and Elly said...

Yay! Looks like you guys had a blast! And I'm so glad you discovered Crumbs. So fun that you got to go backstage at Wicked! We'll gladly go next time:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like an awesome trip! I love the pics! I also wish I had your supply of jam sitting in my freezer!:)

Marissa said...

Bek--We were in NY Labor Day weekend as well. Saturday night we were at Central Park and Time Square. Sheesh! So close and we didn't even know it!! About Ann Arbor...when will you be here? Let me know and I'll be sure to get the time off work. I HAVE to see you guys!

Natasha said...

You two sure know how to vacation. Hope you're doing well!

Maren said...

My favorite part of the post was that Chad has a 'bestie'. :)

Jennie said...

Hey girl, I wish I would have known you were coming! We would have met up with you... Hope 2nd year is going great. We miss WL.